We believe in
The Christian claim that life has always been about loving God and loving others. But to have a relationship with God, and to receive his help to love others, we need to deal with a problem. None of us is perfect. We all commit wrongs (which the Bible calls sin) which form a barrier between us and God. We need God’s forgiveness. Christianity is unique in believing that God himself came to earth to provide forgiveness for us. In the person of Jesus, God became a man so he could die to take the punishment for the sins of each one of us. What God requires is that we each acknowledge our sinful nature, repent of (turn away from) our sins, and put our faith in Jesus, his Son, then forgiveness, a restored relationship and eternal life with Him will be ours.
In summary, we believe in:
- the Inspiration and Authority of the Bible as God’s Word;
- the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit;
- the death of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, as the only sacrifice for the forgiveness of our sins, which is personally received by repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as personal Saviour;
- the Person of the Holy Spirit living in every believer to teach and guide in the way of serving God;
- the command for believers to be baptised by immersion in water as declaring their allegiance to the Lord Jesus and as a picture of them now being dead to sin (buried in water) and now raised to walk in a new life;
- the command for baptised believers to serve God, being added to local church of God fellowship, and in fellowship with other churches of God worldwide; the command to continue steadfastly in ‘the apostles’ teaching, the fellowship, the breaking of the bread and the prayers’.