In the New Testament of our Bibles, the Apostle Paul wrote: “For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope” (Romans 15:4). In this series of studies, Brian reviews some Old Testament narratives for the purpose of obtaining the intended instruction and then to use that for our encouragement in some of the challenges we may be facing today, including:
- What Can Go Wrong With Worship?
- Why Do Some Prayers Seem to Go Unanswered?
- How to Live an Unblemished Life?
- How to Resolve Marital Conflict?
- How to Pray?
- What if Things Look Better Elsewhere?
- What if My Mentor Leaves?
- What Is True Revival?
- Is It Worth It?
- Who Holds Me Accountable?